Liceo Statale Ettore Majorana – Elena Corner
Indirizzi Classico Linguistico Scientifico
Via Matteotti 44 – 30035 Mirano (VE)
Tel. 0039 0415700648 – 0039 041430929 – Fax0039 0415727427
firstname.lastname@example.org - VEIS00300B@PEC.ISTRUZIONE.IT
Our Classic Linguistic Scientific Liceo “Ettore Majorana-Elena Corner” for students aged 14-19 is the biggest Secondary School in the province of Venice and has 59 classes with 1450 students and 120 teachers. It is located in Mirano, a town of about 30.000 inhabitants, a few kilometres from Venice and in the heart of the North-East, the so-called economic engine of Italy.
Visualizza Liceo Majorana-Corner, Mirano – Italy in una mappa di dimensioni maggiori
The Liceo has a lot of well equipped areas: two Computer Science Laboratories; a Multimedia Laboratory; two Physics Laboratories; a Chemistry Laboratory; a Science Laboratory; two Language Labs; two Art Studios; two Video Classrooms with Video Library; a Library; two Gyms; a Conference Room; an Auditorium for performances and events.
Unlike the technical and vocational schools in our country, the Italian Liceo is a kind of secondary school which aims at giving an overall knowledge since the subjects involve several cultural areas. However, in our school there are several courses which delve into specific areas: the Classical one, the Linguistic one and the Scientific one, which also includes the Applied Sciences option.
Liceo Classico (Classics)
The classical course is based on the study of the classical Latin and Greek civilization and on the historical, philosofical, scientific, artistic and literary Western Culture. Subjects studied: Italian, Latin, Greek, English, Geography, History, Philosophy, Artistic Techniques and History of Art, Mathematics, Physics, Science, Physical Education, Catholic Religion (optional).
Liceo Linguistico (Modern Languages)
The course of the foreign language high school is based on the study of three Modern Languages and on the knowledge of their Cultures.Subjects studied: Italian, Latin, English, two other foreign languages chosen from French, German, Spanish, Geography, History, Philosophy, Artistic Techniques and History of Art, Mathematics, Physics, Science, Physical Education, Catholic Religion (optional).
Liceo Scientifico (Scientific)
The course specialising in the scientific area aims to offer a broad based study with particular attention to the teaching of the Scientific Subjects. Subjects studied: Italian, Latin, English, Geography, History, Philosophy, Artistic Techniques and History of Art, Mathematics, Physics, Science, Physical Education, Catholic Religion (optional).
Liceo Scienze Applicate (Applied Sciences)
The Applied Sciences Course is a new option within Liceo Scientifico where the Natural Science, Chemistry and Information Technologies is emphasized. Subjects studied: Italian, English, Geography, History, Philosophy, Artistic Techniques and History of Art, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Science, Physical Education, Catholic Religion
- Optional teaching of a second Modern Language (French or German) for students not enrolled in the Language School
- Activities promoting Health Education with healthcare professionals open to both students and teachers
- Subject revision lessons for weaker students needing extra help
- Extra courses intended to stimulate greater understanding
- Orientation courses and a career advice Work experience in the Summer in both Italy and abroad
- Drama Labs/Courses
- Presentation by outside experts on Human Rights and Civil Liberties
- Courses to provide insight into the Liberal Arts and Scientific area
- Preparatory courses for external certification of foreign languages (English, French, German, Spanish)
- English and German lessons with mother tongue teachers (for students not enrolled in the language school)
- School trips in Italy and abroad and cultural exchanges with foreign schools
- Curricular and extra-curricular sports
- Courses aimed at getting the motorbike driving licence